Wild Ink: Charcoal Ink & Other Beautiful Blacks - Online Remote Workshop 2
Make drawing and calligraphy ink from historical recipes and new cheats!
What you can expect from The Charcoal Ink & other Beautiful Black Inks Workshop:
* Making charcoal at home from a variety of hedgerow plants, what to use and how to use it to get tinkling charred results. This is sent to you in the form of a downloadable video a week before the workshop
* We will look at two methods for making drawing ink from our charcoal, which I use myself, to give us two different grades of Indian ink
* We will also look at some other methods of colour extraction to how we worked in The Basics workshop, to make Oak gall black, lamp black and bone black. These historical inks are ideal for calligraphy work
* I will be offering some cheat recipes too as well as twists on the traditional!
* You will have a complete Indian ink, made from your own charcoal, and the ongoing knowledge of how to make other variations of black
How the workshops work:
Each workshop runs in three parts. A week before our live zoom, I send you a prep PDF or video. Then, on the day of our workshop, we spend 1 hour making and 30 minutes sharing our results and covering any questions.
The third part of each is a very short re-cap video that I send out covering what we did and adding some extra tips. You have access to this video and a recording of the workshop which you can download if you wish.
Course Times & Information
|Start Date||Wed 07th Jul 2021 - 1:00 pm|
|End Date||Wed 07th Jul 2021 - 2:30 pm|
|Cut off date||07-07-2021|
|Price per person||€40.00|