Mosaic Workshop with Aidan Byrne
Making mosaics is very therapeutic. The engagement required to cut the shapes and piece the puzzle together is a very intuitive, fun and fulfilling process. Be warned, though - it is highly addictive!
Participants will learn about:
- Design planning
- Tesserae - cutting & shaping tiles
- Andamento - Arranging tiles to create a pattern or image
- Substrates - Summary of materials used as backing for mosaics
- Adhesives - Glueing of tesserae
- Grouting - Filling the gaps between tiles with cement-based grout in a range of colours
The project options include freestyle wall-hanging panels, pot stands, mirrors and more.
With the skills and information learned at the workshop it will be possible to attempt further mosaics at home.
Aidan’s workshops are very professionally run whilst being light-hearted; the atmosphere is friendly and easy-going.
All materials are included in the cost.
Course Times & Information
|Start Date||Sat 06th Apr 2019 - 9:30 am|
|End Date||Sat 06th Apr 2019 - 4:30 pm|
|Cut off date||05-04-2019|
|Price per person||€95.00|
|Location||Galway Arts Centre|