Outside:Insight is an annual arts exhibition presented by Brigit’s Garden and Galway Arts Centre. Brigit’s Garden is situated on an 11 acre site near Moycullen, Co,Galway and offers a magnificent setting for an outdoor sculpture exhibition. The gardens are themed on the Celtic calendar and surrounded by meadows and woodlands creating a beautiful and tranquil place with a unique atmosphere.
We are seeking submissions and invite artists to create/submit site specific works that respond to the natural and architectural landscape of the garden and its inherent themes. We are seeking robust work where safety is amplified, with visual and aesthetic impact.
Site-specific works will be accepted in a range of materials and forms, including environmental sculpture, light installation, video, performance and sound.
Deadline for submission of work/s is the 24th of May. Successful applicants will be notified in the first week of June.
Exhibition will open at 3pm on Sunday the 7th of July and will close on Saturday the 31st August 2013.
- There is an adjudicator vote which awards the successful artist with 100 euros which is announced at the opening (Adjudicator still to be confirmed)
- There is also an audience vote which awards the successful artist with 100 euros which is announced at the end of the exhibition.
Application procedure: please submit-
- the title, price, dimensions and materials of each work being submitted
- Artist C.V,
- Artist statement
- Images of work/video clips of work
Conditions of applications:
- The proposal must show that the work(s) will be stable, robust, secure and safe. If a work is unstable or dangerous after installation it will be removed.
- Work sold during and as a result of the exhibition is subject to 25% commission. Artists will be responsible for the delivery of works that are sold.
- Brigit’s Garden reserves the right to use photographs of works for publicity purposes in relation to the exhibitionBrigit’s Garden will provide Public Liability Insurance for works exhibited. Please note that All Risks insurance is the responsibility of the artist. While every care will be taken of works submitted, neither Brigit’s Garden nor the organisers will be responsible for any damage, loss of or destruction to any works for any reason whatsoever.